Sarah Ludington, M.A., LPC
Specialties and Training
In addition to completing my Master’s level of education at Pacifica Graduate Institute, I have specialized training in specific areas. Over the years I have found that an eclectic approach to therapy that pulls interventions from different areas, facilitates and often expedites treatment to meet my clients’ unique needs. For example, my experience and training to help couples also assists my work with individuals with their relationships both personal and professionally. Often partners in couples counseling have a trauma history that is complicating their relationship…
As a trained couples therapist, I teach couples:
- Effective, research-proven communication skills
- Necessary building blocks for healthy relationships
- How to identify, enhance and maintain positive strengths
- What it means to hold onto individual hopes and dreams and to support their partner with theirs
- How to successfully resolve conflict
- How to build a roadmap for the future
I believe it is possible to have really good, strong and loving relationships. Because when you have the right skills and knowledge to be an effective partner you will be able to figure out how to let go of limiting beliefs and blocks, move past where you are stuck to build the kind of life you want!
I am a graduate of the Couples Institute Advanced Training Program in the Developmental Model with Dr’s. Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson. This two-year training helped refine my skills as I learned an approach that really works to assist struggling couples. I am currently part of the Master Mentorship Program through the Couples Institute to continue to hone my skills.
As a Certified EMDR therapist, I work with clients who:
- Want to address the experiences that have left them feeling overwhelmed
- Want help with trauma, anxiety, panic, disturbing memories, PTSD and many other emotional problems
- Have experienced single incident trauma
- Have suffered childhood trauma
- Want to learn strength-based skills
- Want to sleep peacefully again
- Want clarity, confidence and a sense of well-being
- Work as emergency responders, the police department, the fire department and park rangers to reduce and clear the effects of trauma experienced on the job
- Want to live to their full potential
Using EMDR therapy, lasting relief for most types of emotional distress is achievable.
Over the years I have worked with hundreds of clients who have been through all sizes of trauma. In addition to the trauma work I do in my private practice, I am part of the State of Colorado Judicial System’s Female Offender Program to help women deal with their challenges. It is work I hold close to my heart.
To learn more about EMDR therapy ~ www.EMDRIA.org
- Licensed Professional Counselor LPC.0012008
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Depth Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Graduate of Advanced Level ~ Developmental Model of Couples Therapy (2-year program)
- Masters Mentorship Program with Couples Institute ~ 2016
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy training
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy ~ Level 1
Sarah sees clients daytime and evenings in Glenwood Springs, CO. Serving Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Basalt, Aspen, New Castle, Silt, Rifle, Parachute, Gypsum and Eagle.